Athlon Optics 8.5×42 Cronus Binocular
The 8.5×42 Cronus Binocular is designed for serious glassing, with exceptional edge to edge clarity, sharp detail enhancement, ultra-clear brightness and true color representation. Whether you are on your annual pilgrimage for whitetails on the family farm in Alabama or filling your tag on an once in a lifetime Montana Big Horn, dont leave anything to chance. We designed these binoculars with our revolutionary E2ES lens system that gives you a flat field of view. We included ED Glass that results in clearer and sharper image to your eyes. Our state of the art ESP (Enhance Spectral Prism) dielectric coating that reflects 99% of the light through the prism assembly. We use a Magnesium chassis to reduce weight while keeping the chassis rugged to withstand the scrapes and bumps of constant use.
8.5×42 Binocular SPECS:
|OBJECTIVE LENS DIAMETER:||42 mm|
|EYE RELIEF:||22 mm|
|FIELD OF VIEW ANGULAR:||7.6|
|FIELD OF VIEW FEET @1000 Yards:||399 ft|
|FIELD OF VIEW METERS @1000 METERS:||129 m|
|CLOSE FOCUS:||2 m /6.6 ft|
|INTERPUPILLARY DISTANCE:||56 mm-73 mm|
8.5×42 Cronus Binocular Features:
- E2ES System- Edge 2 Edge Sharpness system:E2ES System is a field flattening system that produces sharper, clearer images all the way from one lens edge to the other
- ED Glass- High definition glass:ED glass gives you an image with little or no chromatic fringe so the final result brings a clearer and sharper image to your eyes
- ESP Dielectric Coating- Enhanced Spectral Prism Dielectric Coating:ESP Dielectric Coating is a multi layer prism coating that reflects over 99% of the light to your eyes bringing you a clear, bright image that displays accurate color reproduction.
- Lightweight Magnesium Chassis:Magnesium chassis give you the strength of a metal chassis while reducing the weight as much as 35%
- XPL Coating- Xtra Protective Layer coating:XPL Coating gives you an extra protection on the exterior lenses from dirt, oil and scratches
- Phase Corrected prisms:Phase corrected prisms produce images that have better contrast, a higher resolution and better color reproduction
- BaK4 prisms:Bak-4 glass prisms reflect more light to your eyes which will give you brighter and sharper image.
- Advanced FMC:Advanced Fully Multi-Coated lenses gives you better light transmission to bring optimum brightness and true color across the entire light spectrum.
- Locking Diopter:Locking Diopter keeps the diopter adjustment knob from accidentally moving from the optimal setting
- Long Eye Relief:Long eye relief can be particularly important for eyeglass wearers because longer eye relief allows them to still see the entire field of view.
- Close Focus:Close focus is important for those who are nature observers and especially important if you are going to watch butterflies or insects
- Twist Up Eyecups:Twist up eyecups with intermediate stops allow you to set the eyecups to the ideal eye relief for you eyes
- Waterproof:Waterproof to protects the binocular in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater
- Argon Purged:Argon purging gives you better waterproofing and thermal stability